Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sick but busy

My husband has been sick with a bad cold. He can't lay down because of the nasal pressure. I got out some jigsaw puzzles and he put three together real fast. I then went to Goodwill and found two on a 50% off sale. They were new and never opened. It is 1000 pieces and he is grumbling a lot. I walk over and place three or four pieces in and walk away. He grumbles even more. I got some old quilting magazines out this morning and looking for a quilt idea for a teen age boy for a Christmas present for next year. I found this block in the magazine and tried a block out.
He likes the darker country looking quilts I have made. It has 2 1/2 inch center and the strips around are 1 1/2X 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 X 3 1/2. It uses up a lot of little pieces in a hurry. Make a few up and see what I come up with. Here goes all the thread again. Happy New Year. Back to sewing Chris





2 comments:

bettyp said...

I am getting over the crud too . Hope he gets better real soon or go get more puzzles ! lol
I think that block would be nice for a boy's quilt. Good way to bust the scrap box too

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

My hubby is miserable with his cold. I hope it skips me!! And you!!