Friday, March 16, 2012

Looky Looky

Red Penstemon, Columbine, and a dandelion in the right hand plant. All have come through in the last couple days with the heat we have had. Sedum by the Chicken. This bed got cleaned out yesterday.



Lilac bush is starting since yesterday. Look at how dry the soil is in the background. This is my veggie garden space and it is cracked and it really is dry. Hopefully this isn't a sign of the Summer to come.



This is a Maple tree and the buds on it are really red this year. That is the flower part and the part that causes all the allergies for those that are allergic to Maple pollen. ME!!!!!!





This is a clump of daylillies. They are later bloomers, but they sure are showing up early this year.










Remember this is only March 16th and the temps are about 30 degrees higher than normally. I still haven't put my snow shovel away yet.




Here are some of the tomato plants we have started. They were planted on the 2nd of March and are through the soil and looking good. Some will have to be thinned back, but they are nice and healthy so far.

Had a safer meal tonight for supper and hopefully tomorrow I will be in better shape to do some sewing. Chris











1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have the same plants coming up. I haven't cleaned out the flower beds yet though. you are way ahead of me.