Sunday, April 15, 2012

Making the best of things

I got up this morning thinking I would sew. Well the day isn't quite making itself out to be the best of days. You will have that now and again.
I tried taking a nap and tried getting into TV and yet it all fell flat. So here I am on the computer. Yes I have a ton of other things I should be doing and yes I need to be doing then, but I just can't make myself do anything today. Bad excuse. Not sick, not depressed just blah.
Is this what the "Golden Years" are suppose to be????

We have an insurance person coming tomorrow and I should be cleaning. I will get up tomorrow and get it done before noon when she is to show up. I am going to go in and dig through some of my quilting magazines and try and get inspired.

I guess I am burned out. I get to almost the end of a quilt project and I want to get onto something else. If I would only finish something I think I would feel better about it. I am close to getting these spider web blocks done and I am forcing myself to finish. May not get the thing quilted, but at least all the piecing done.
Goals, should we have them? Well I like to think I have some, but as resolutions go at the first of the year mine go by the wayside real fast. I wanted to start and etsy shop and yet I am dragging my feet. Still on the fence. I think it is a fleeting thought at this point. The issues of copyright and all the sue happy people out there has scared me off. I guess I will be content to just do my own thing and deal with making a few dollars here and there by word of mouth.
The dedication isn't there right now and family issues take front stage for me at this minute. Dreams are forever and reality is current. Maybe it just isn't my time to step up and be present to do this. I know you never know until you try, but isn't life sometimes more of a challenge than we ever thought we would get involved in.

Some days the lessons we learned as a youngster come back and do tell a tale. Things I wanted as a young adult I have accomplished and done fairly well. Some took a couple tries to get it right, but if you are comfortable with things let it flow. My days as a mother are still working. As a wife I am still here for him and as a grandmother I am still working at being the best grandma I can be. My priorities are in place and if I don't get the bed made or sew or cook supper until late I guess it will all work out in the end.
Off to dig out some quilting books and magazines. Hope you have a full filled day. Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

I definitely relate to the "blah" days. And on those days, I know that if I push myself to try and accomplish something, I'll end up more frustrated - better to just leave it alone and maybe find a book to read.....