Saturday, May 26, 2012

What was I thinking

Today I think I am going to clean in the sewing room and move my computer in there. Maybe I am crazy because it is suppose to be really hot and humid. Yes the A/C is on but it will be the lugging and moving of things that gets to you. I have wanted to do this but my husband hasn't been well enough to help. He maybe isn't well enough now. We will see when he gets up.

I still can get the cleaning done if he isn't up to the wiring part. I will take some before and after pictures. I really need to get into the closet and start there first, but do to him wanting to help it would take to long to get to the stage of filling the closet back and being ready for him to work in the area he needs to work in.

His strength goes fairly quickly with certain projects. I guess deal with him first and the rest will follow. Then if he wants to nap he can.

I currently have three sewing machines sitting out and I can only use one at a time. So I think the featherweight and the Pfaff are going to bed for awhile. I have a PC and all the trappings to put in there. Printer and WIFI unit all take up space so I need to pare down what is out and needs to be put away.

I don't know about the rest of you but I have had my sewing space in a closet in a basement on an enclosed porch and in the kitchen, bedrooms and also in the dining room. Now that I have a sewing room I really need to use the room wisely. My quilting has a tendency to spill out into the rest of the house. Shame on me. The dining room table is bigger to spread things out on and the chair where I sit has loose threads all over it. Everytime I walk out of the sewing room dog ears follow on my socks or my slippers and the carpet has confetti all over it.

I looked for my thimble one day now this is my favorite one. I have several of them and I couldn't find it. After several searches and frustration I dug through the garbage pail and nothing. I went to the fridge to get some ice and found it in the freezer. I had gotten water and ice earlier and I took it off and layed in on the ledge so it didn't fall in the ice tray. I laughed at myself for quite a while over that incident.

I walked into the living room last night and the light was just right and under the edge of my chair was a shiney piece. I looked and here it was a pin. That wouldn't feel to good in the foot. I really need to do better with my tools. I have scissors here and there and yet I never can finds a pair when I need them.

I hope you all have a good laugh over my stupid stuff. Chris

3 comments:

Katie M. said...

Sewing rooms - I did not 'become' a quilter until my kids left home, so really didn't need a sewing room per se..But I did a whole lot of garment sewing when my kids were younger and my girls shared a room with each other and my son shared a room with my sewing machine. I put a decent size table in the corner of his room where I could keep my machine up. I had (still have it) a 3 drawer wooden storage unit that held all my accessories. His friends (or him) never bothered with my machine. I'd hear a friend (who hadn't been to the house before) ask, "what's that" my son would just say "my mom's sewing machine" and that would be that. By the time he got old enough to want mom out of his room, I'd started working full time, so did not sew as much - it worked out well. Now I have my sewing room/office and the quilter sits in another room. My husband tells people we went from a 3 bedroom house to a one bedroom house....
Good luck with the moving things around - always a big job.

sewyouquilt2 said...

have fun creating your room and moving things around. I went from a huge room to a smaller one when we moved and have the same problem of spilling out into the other areas of the house. must get better.......hubby gets mad. LOL but they say creative minds can be untidy. it isnt our fault. thats my story and I'm stickin to it".LOL

Deb said...

What a great post! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who leaves things in weird places!!

Have fun with your new sewing room! And don't worry, I think it's the "social" nature of fabric--it always wants to be where the action ia!