Saturday, September 8, 2012

Questions Questions are running through my head

Guess what I woke up with a headache. I dreamt all night long about getting this EPP quilt done. What do I do about marking it for quilting? What do I do about the quilting design and many more questions.

Obsession with quilting and the fact that I dream about it is scary. I could sit in a chair for hours and not move from quilting or being at the sewing machine. But reality hits. Why would I do that? I have so much to do and I don't get enough done as it is.

Do you question your judgement on a decision about what you have done during the day? I sat in my chair last night which needs a slipcover at this point. It is wearing out. I asked myself this question. What did you do all day? Well it was laundry, taking my Mother to do some errands and I made dinner. Not a lot of accomplishment.

I still haven't made it to the fabric store yet. It opened on the 31st of last month. I must be sick. I really would like to go look for a book on quilting I want and also a nosey part of me wants to see what they have. When will I get there?

I asked myself the other day Why do you procrastinate so long and doing something? Am I lazy? Am I scared of making a decision? I use to jump in no questions asked. Is this what age does to you????

I guess asking questions is a learning process we all go through. Here I am at 60 years old and still asking questions. Will this process ever come easier? Now I asked the questions more often. Is it old age or wiser and not wanting to get my feet deep in the mud when it isn't necessary?

Do you ask yourself Questions and do you make yourself nuts by second guessing everything you do?? Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Chris, when I decided to leave the world of employment, I found that the more time I had, the more time I wasted. There are days when I feel exhausted and wonder what I did. When I look at those days, I find I did a lot of 'side tracking'. Starting one thing, seeing another and going that direction, then another and on it goes..... So I guess in the overall, a little bit here and there will eventually add to closer to being done :-) That's my story and sticking to it!