Friday, September 21, 2012

Severeal Hours Later

The applique block needs to be sized. I machine appliqued it and not sure I like it. I do not have the buttonhole stitch on my machine. I did you a modified blind hem stitch.
 I think I will probably go forward with this one anyway. I have plenty of material like this that I can make another one and give the first one away as a gift.
The background is almost a tea dyed darker off white muslin look. It was regular fabric not muslin though. Now to cut out all the shapes and get the glue stick out and go to town. I also need to make all the double 9 patch blocks. Ok I am at a dilemma again. Borders and backing. I have the hardest time with these parts of the quilt. Off to get supper made. I canned 7 quarts of Vegetable soup today also. Plus all the dishes that went along with the cooking part of this process. Chris

No comments: