Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Why does it get worse before it gets better?

I got up this morning and I cut for three hours. Small pieces and some off of yardage that is darn right ugly. As I'm digging I'm cutting.
This is the way I left it after three hours. My buckets are getting full and the variety is different with this cutting session so not all of the things I make are all looking the same.

The basket was overflowing, but it is below the rim of it now. The two white buckets have different sized strips in them. In my digging I found two tubs with 2.5 inch squares. So that got consolidated. A couple more hours of cutting then back to sewing. I still won't have it all done, but it will last for several days of sewing. 

I'm cutting 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.5, 27/8, and 3 7/8 inch strips. That is the sizes I need to complete the projects I have in the works. I also am cutting 1 inch strips. I want to make a pineapple or courthouse steps with them. With these strips I can cut squares or leave them strips to use. 

The gardener planted seeds today. We start our own tomato and green pepper seeds every year. They are the seeds we harvest from our produce. We usually do great with the seeds we plant.  Can't wait for fresh tomatoes and peppers. 

The weather models are not agreeing for our area so we can get anywhere from 1-8 inches of heavy wet snow overnight into tomorrow. Now that I have stuff cut up I can sew all day long. Yippppppeeeee! Chris

No comments: