Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Giving up on somethings

Remember yesterday I said I had computer issues. Well I had to basically back track and delete all programs that would add things to my computer. When a blog or Facebook has add-ons they are sneaky. you roll across them and they can potentially have adware and malware attached. I have browsed the web to much and I had over 25 different potential threats in less than 24 hours.

I had a Facebook account which is no longer and a Pinterest account which is no longer. Had add-ons for weather and other things. They are all gone. At this point if your blog or any website has to many ads I'm not following them anymore. I think they were the culprit. We want to pay for our time and ads seem like the right thing, but I'm even thinking the blog itself isn't worth the frustration of having to deal with all this.

I have anti virus and malware programs in place and they are used on a scheduled and random basis. So I'm going to be cautious for awhile and see where all this leads me. I by no means am a computer geek. All this is hard for me to understand some days. Hopefully your computers are safe and free of all this stuff. Chris

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Computers can be very time consuming and I am sorry you had to deal with such a mess. =( Since my hubby has to deal with them at work, I am the tech person at home, but only because we have Macs. They are so much easier to maintain.