Friday, March 4, 2016

Late posting today

Thread and snippets are on the floor in my hair and all over my clothes. I got up early did my chores and laundry before 6 am. Jeff was working on the wall where the kitchen sink is and he needed counter space cleared and also be able to move out there. I have a galley kitchen and sometimes two bodies doing things in that area is tight. The last time I did a major slice and dice I cut these logs 2.5 inches X 5.5 inches. I have liked the look of the Lozenges/Suppositories that everyone is making. I today cut different black prints for the corners. I cut 1.5 in. X 1.5 in squares to sew diagonally on the corners. I got several stitched into rows and I will make panels to be sewn together for length.   

Here is just another look at them. Some make the squares in the centers two colors. I wanted it all black prints. As I cut more 2.5 inch strips I will add more to the mix. I am getting to that point that more cutting needs to happen. 

This is where my pressing station is. I have stacks of several different types of blocks. I am to a point I need to do some major pressing with the ironing board. I have fabric for sashing that needs to get the wrinkles out. 

 Two of the piles I made this morning. They are 4-patches that are 2.5 inches square. I had a tub of older 1.5 inch strips that were sitting on the shelf. So I started cutting them up to make more of these mini blocks. I cut a small amount and stitch them up and cut some more. This way they are all different. If the strips are to small I cut 1.5 X 1.5 inch squares and make multi pieced 4-patches. Not wasting anything.

Tomorrow the wallpapering should be done or almost done. My husband is doing it and he is very picky. Which is good because you want it to look nice and also stay on the wall.

We are going to be deciding if we want to paint this. It is clean looking right now and I just can decide what color I want to paint it or leave it for awhile as is. It is a heavy textured paper and looks like a dry wall technique that is popular here. It is called a knockdown finish.

I am sick of changes right now. I would like some normal. I need to recover my house for about the 7 time since September. We keep making changes and moves and it is just stressing me out at this point. The biggest stresser will be the removal of everything in the sewing room to pull up carpet and replace with a vinyl plank flooring. I want it so bad, but the move and the removal of the carpet will get to me I am sure.

We are to get rain possibly mixed with snow this evening. It was 43 degrees today. Spring is on it's way I think-hope anyway. Chris

1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

love all your projects. I too am going through some renovations and it is certainly NOT fun. I am hoping at the end it is worth it.