Friday, March 18, 2016

Working

Did some sewing this morning. Up really early. This time change stuff still effecting me. 

Getting more of these pieces sewn into segments for blocks. At a point now where I have to cut some more neutral squares to finish off blocks. I have all these 4-patches to work into 16-patches after I get the neutral [pieces cut. Then how ever many there are in the 16-patches will be the size of the quilt top. 

Here is the pile that need attention now. I guess I should count how many small neutral squares I need. 

They are small, but I think it will make a statement when they are all pieced together into a top. 

This is the what the 16-patches look like when assembled. I have 25 to this stage already and not sure how many more will be completed. It will be a generic utility quilt when finished. 

I bought a circle template with the graduated circles in it. I think I am going to mark a Baptist Fan quilting pattern and use my walking foot to do the quilting. I have a wheat colored thread I think will blend well and not distract from the colors in the quilt, but will give the design a dimension with the batting. 

Hope you have a great day. Sun is shining here, but much cooler. Chris

No comments: