Sunday, May 29, 2016

More of the same

More of the same. It sometimes drags out and this has been one of them. I have cleaned out three string bins getting the string blocks done and had to cut some. There are 66 more strings done and 25 blocks with the mini hexies in them.

I have 25 of the mini hexies completed. I have the 16 patches to match waiting to be paired together and make another top.

The Log Cabin blocks above were 24 made by my Mother. I have several more done to the last strip around and then they will turn into a baby quilt. Trying to use up and make do with
out purchasing anything other than backing maybe, but I think I have it covered.

I have pieces of batting that can be pieced and used in the smaller quilts. I still have lots to get done in the sewing room. Slowly sorting through the rest and moving it to a better location. Hopefully before Fall it will be all completed. Better be done before that.

Memorial day weekend. Where has the first 6 months of this year gone? They say time flies when you get older and I believe it. Hope you have a great weekend.

Remembering those we lost in the many wars and conflicts we have encountered over the years. My husband and I talked about the Civil War memorial in the park of our local town. So many more have sacrificed since them. Thank you to all of them and their families for their service and sacrifice. No words can express the gratitude we have for them. Chris

No comments: