Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Changed Gears

My shoulders and neck have been bothering me of late. So I decided to walk away from the sewing machine for a couple of days. I needed something to do. Yes you say there is always cleaning. Well pushing a vacuum cleaner wasn't letting the shoulder rest.So I got this back out. I think I put it away about Christmas time and just haven't been back to it since then. I started this one yesterday. It isn't complete yet. 

This is about a year and a half worth of sporadic work on this. They are 1/2 inch on a side Hexagons all hand worked. To give you a reference this is my dining room table. So it is progressing in size. 

Auditioning another round for this star shape. I knew I cut extra 1.5 inch strips for a reason. That is the size strips I need to make these hexies out of.

Today I need to try and vacuum. Do a room at a time and see how far I get. I use to clean three houses in a day and my own takes a week to clean now. What is wrong with that? Like 25 years older I guess......

Hope you have a good day. Chris

1 comment:

Julierose said...

Love how your hexagons are coming together--rest that shoulder--i have one that is aching also--vacuuming really doesn't help, does it? ;000 hugs, Julierose