Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Starting to be a top


This is the quilt I am making, It is called Clean Up by Becky Tillman Petersen at www.quiltedtwins.com. Becky has designed all the quilts and she has them free on her website. This is made with 2 inch squares, 

Each block has 100 -2 inch squares in it. There are 1600-2 inch square just in the 16 blocks. I cut and handles each one. Next time it will be strip sets. 

I have all the 16 blocks sewn into the rows and started to add the sashing of 112-2 inch squares. There are 5 of those. It turns out to be 85X85 inches with borders. 

I wrote to Becky and told her I was infoming her I was not using 2 inch squares again. Maybe I would use 2.5 inches instead. As I said yesterday it sure uses up a lot of scraps. 

Becky said she used up all the two inch squares she had cut and still had to cut some more, but she likes a challenge. I made several of these into 4-patches and had about over a hundred almost 200 just because I thought I might need them.  

I have about 200 2.5 inch 4-patches made up waiting to be used somewhere. If I want to sew and need something to keep me busy I make 4 and 9-patches and store them until I use them up. They have come in handy before several times. 

Weather has been beautiful so today I cut back flowers that were spent. Jeff was on a ladder and I don't like leaving him to do it himself so I cleaned up one bed. The cicadas are singing so Fall is around the corner. Getting a head start on it.

Keep on sewing......... Chris

No comments: