Monday, August 14, 2017

Took a little road trip

I got word through a relative and Facebook someone had a quilt frame they wanted to get rid of. Contacted the lady and we took a 24 mile round trip drive and got this frame. It is a Sears Quilting Frame from 1969.

Here are the legs and the directions came with it. It must have been in a basement because the feet are a little mold stained. We can sand them and seal that up. It is for a full size maximum size quilt. 

I went out to take pictures and since it is getting closer to Fall I decided to take a few pictures in the back yard. We have been here for 15 years and it looks pretty good for two old people managing it. 

Here is a flower bed close to the french door. The Hibiscus are blooming like crazy right now. The big Hosta is starting to open up it's flowers. 

Well almost done with making the last strip for the Clean Up quilt which I talked about in the last post. Hopefully I can get it all together then the two small outside borders and get it ready to be quilted. Not sure I have enough for the back of the quilt. I will have to dig to see what I have. 

Hope you are having a great sewing day. Chris

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your yard always looks so nice!

Julierose said...

What a lovely backyard garden you've created. Great you found a quilting frame...hugs, Julierose