Monday, April 16, 2018

Some finds in cleaning

In my cleaning I came across all these blocks. Some sewn into rows. I need to lay them out and get a handle as to what size they are. 

I think it is close to a full/queen size. Queen maybe needs a border yet. 

These logs are 2 X 3.5 inches in size. It uses up a lot of scraps for this block. I enjoyed whipping them out. I could use them as leaders and enders or just power through them for easy sewing. Making the blocks there are no matching seams, but a 1/4 inch seam allowance was necessary to keep the block square. 

Sometimes when cutting strips up I will have an odd size left and I cut cut them to meet this size. They can be used for a couple different blocks. Small rail fence, this block and also piano keys. So this is a size I keep adding to a tub for later use. 

The more different colors the merrier. 

Well we will see what I find in there today. Chris 

No comments: