Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Starting more star blocks

Yesterday it was so hot out and I just didn't venture out.  I need 28 more of these blocks so I got the finished ones out and measured them and started cutting. I slowed down and decided since I hadn't measured them or wrote down measurements when I made the other one I would just cut one and sew it together.

I did this because I wanted to make sure I had the right measurements. I had bought fabric from the thrift store and used the strips that were cut so I need to be sure the measurements I was measuring were right. 

I got it right so last night I cut out another one with fabric I had pulled out. Trying to use smaller pieces that need to be cut up anyway. Today will pull more fabrics out to get this closer to being done.

I have been lurking on Pintrest and found several block designs I think would really look attractive using the method of quilting. The QAYG isn't as attractive with every quilt block.This method I am using works for individual block as or 4-patch blocks sewn together.

We finally are getting away from all the heat with rain. NE of here is Rockford Illinois about 50 miles and they had flooding. WE got a lot of rain quick and more to come today and tonight. We need the rain but not gully washers

I am going to try and get more of these blocks cut today and keep on sewing 30 minutes at a time. Chris

No comments: