Saturday, November 23, 2019

Getting closet to being done

The blocks are coming together. It will be a kings sized quilt soon. This is a partial section. I find on the bigger sized quilts doing the QAYG method I can do them in sections and then add a larger piece instead of handling each individual block at a time. This will be about 117X124 inches in size when finished.
 i
I have used everything but the sink in the making of these blocks. They grew up in the 60's. The people who are going to get this quilt. So for fun I added a Pink Panther fabric. That is the fun of making scrap quilts no wrong fabric is used. 

I told the husband who is getting it made for his wife and he got a big grin on his face over me telling him about it. 

All straight line quilting. SID and cross hatching done, but it is sturdy and will hold up for the test of time. 

I know one thing after all this stitching I need to make a thread order. I have used a ton of light gray thread on this quilt. 

We are getting closer to the holidays and the wild shopping and decorating is all starting. If I don't get back in touch before Thanksgiving I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving.

We are having the meal here, but I am not doing all the cooking. My son and his wife are. 

The Holidays will not be the same from now on. They have taken the burden of all the prep and cooking off my shoulders. It hit between the yes when they said they would do it. I guess it is time to step back and let the younger generation step up to the plate. My Mother wasn't a cook so I have made Thanksgiving dinner since I was 10 years old. 

Hope you all are  able to sew this weekend. Suppose to be in the 40's here, but more cold weather is coming around the corner. Chris

2 comments:

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

Enjoy the fact that the kids offered to cook. I still do all the cooking for Christmas day and I am starting to feel it financially. Would be lovely to get a little help.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Chris. I think it's wonderful that you get to sit back a little bit and let the others take care of you. =)

The quilt is so fun!! They will love it!