Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Red White and Boom


Well the festivities start in some towns tonight and others tomorrow night. We have a town festival going on called the Petunia Festival. The streets in town are planted with Petunias along the road and next to the sidewalks. Also this is the year for a big Ronald Reagan festival going on also. Ronald Reagan was raised in Dixon, Illinois and was a lifeguard at the park. His boyhood home is open for the public. It is on the historical registry. I can see some of the fireworks from my living room so I think to escape the mosquitoes I will stay home. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There was a parade here in Sandwich this morning. I have been hearing booms from several neighborhood back yards starting yesterday. I just wish they would quit before 11 pm