Monday, December 6, 2010

Ran out of thread

Yesterday I ran around trying to find a close match for some thread for the quilt for Christmas.
I had ordered it and I won't have enough to finish. I have gone through almost 2400yds of thread for the quilting. Thought it would be more than enough boy was I fooled. While I was out I needed a coat zipper. My in between coat has a broken zipper and I use it to drive in if going short distances. Then I needed a pj pattern for my granddaughter. She has grown so much so I found a quick pattern. As I am browsing I ran across a 1/4 inch foot that fit my regular sewing machine. I am thrilled over that. It didn't come with one. Very cold here today and I have one small outside thing to do and then I am chaining myself to the sewing machine today. I drove to the nearest fabric store and spent several hours away from home and the thread I bought which didn't match real well, yes I took a sample, I got home and it was 100% polyester. Disappointed I am going to order the thread I need. TODAY! Maybe it will be here by the first of next week. Well I am getting the urge to get going better stick with the momentum and do it to it.

No comments: