Sunday, December 12, 2010

The wind is howling and the fire is going

Boy sitting here waiting for the pictures to load I can really hear the wind. We have pine trees on this side of the house and it really whooshes through them. The fire is going and the drapes are shut on the windy side. But the wind is changing directions every few seconds from the NW to the SE in just seconds. It is snowing on top of it. I have been up since 4: 30am. My son doesn't get up well and he asks to be called. He has to drive 23 miles to get to work. We had ice underneath yesterday from the rain and now the loose snow. He just texted me and said the roads were really bad. He has a 12 hour shift as a 911 dispatcher today. I am sure his day will be busy with calls. Good thing he has a KFC right across the street so he can get something to eat if he can't get out. The fabric for the back of the top I finished and the thread I needed for the quilt I have been working on got here yesterday. This is a pic of the fabric for the back. This is the first fabric I have ordered online. I am a touchy feely person when it comes to fabric. This was a piece I ordered from http://www.connectingthreads.com/ . I order my thread from there. It washed up nice and has a nice finish on the surface of the fabric. It was 2.96 a yard. My order was over $50 and free shipping. I think I will do this again. Stay warm and safe today if you have to be out. Chris


2 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

My picture of the fabric didn't upload. So you will have to wait for the finished picture. Chris

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I got my order from Connecting Threads yesterday, too! I like their thread. I also ordered the book by Camille Roskelly, Simplify. Ask me how silly I felt when I realized she is the Camille, along with her mom Bonnie, who designed Bliss for Moda. I adore that fabric line.

This week is going to be crazy busy. I am not one of those that thrives off of busyness, so I am not looking forward to this week at all. I am exhausted thinking about it. I know that sounded like a complaint. I don't mean it to...

Stay warm!!