Saturday, May 28, 2011

Progress

Here is the completed appliqued blocks. They need pressing and also squaring up. You see the trapunto blocks have to be finished yet. I need to trace off four more and get them stitched. I plan on sashing the 9 patch blocks with some of this fabric. No this wasn't planned at first. I found this buried in my stash. The colors are perfect and the fact it is 3 yards and can be cut into long strips for sashing really pleases me. I think it will draw the whole thing together. I even bought a new pair of scissors to use too so it will go well.



Not sure if I will use the large stripe for the sashing between the blocks or.....





use this large stripe. They are both about the same size and the colors work well with both of them. Maybe one on the block sashing and then another appliqued border and then the other larger print stripe to outline it.


I hope this all turns out as I envisioned it. My mind gets muddled with many issues some days and then I second guess myself. Is that old age??LOL Chris






1 comment:

Ivory Spring said...

Your applique blocks are beautiful.

I responded to your email - be sure to check your mailbox. :)