Sunday, May 29, 2011

SHHhhhhhh!!!!!.......... Don't tell the Grandkids

I am an awful Grandma. I get into the kids markers and pencils for my marking tools. Hey they will dry out if I don't use them right???? I am making parts and pieces for the borders and I thought I am not going to the store to buy more marking tools for quilting. So I got out the kids washable markers and their colored pencils. They very seldom use the white pencil so why not use it for my marking of applique shapes.



It shows up really great on the darker colors. I think Yellow will work also. Wonder if you can buy just white and yellow pencils? Lots cheaper than buying the ones made for quilting. Anything cheap is me. I saved the small pieces I cut away from the stem pieces on the appliqued blocks I already completed for the leaves. Use every inch of that fabric until nothing is usable. I said Cheap and I am.






This is the raw shape that will be used in the borders on the quilt.




I have to cut stems and then I can go and get the pressing done which will take me most of the day I am sure. It is suppose to rain all day so I think I will get the starch mixed up and make a little spot with my mini iron and watch the races today. The 500 is today and NASCAR is this evening. Now off to cut more parts and pieces out. Remember those that we have lost over the course of many many years. I am 59 years old and I don't remember a time in my life when a military action was not going on. My generation has been through so many overseas events and yet we still stand up and are counted as peace makers. I went to bed and tried to remember a time that the World was at Peace. It was a reality check to me that there is so much unrest all over the World and we need to appreciate how fortunate we are to live in this Great USA. Remember Please. Chris







1 comment:

Renée's Country Crafts LLC said...

All I saw was markers and Don't tell the grandchildren, and I knew exactly what you are doing, lol! I love Crayola Markers!
I can't wait to see the finished item!
Renée
http://reneescountryquilts.blogspot.com/