Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Lost is found

In picking up as I go I found a bag full of these little 4-patches. What am I going to do with them I am not sure. I bought bags of fabric from a thrift shop and the pieces were all cut in the bag. I stitched them together and they lay in waiting for a quilt to be worked up. Maybe they can be a border around a a quilt top we will see. 

The monumental task of cleaning and sorting a sewing room that has been a dumping space since Christmas is overwhelming. I need to get a handle on which corner to work in and just start tackling it every time I walk by the room. A pile at a time and just make sure I use my time wisely. 

I also found this crumb block. It needs a couple corner pieces, but it is about 7 inches square. A pile of these will make into a great couch quilt. Colorful, but the great thing about it is it will use up a lot of scraps. I have a 20 gallon tub full of small scraps to use up. 

We are entering another stage in my Mother's illness and it is getting hard to cope with. I need to stiffen up and get a handle on this stage. Today the nurse comes and I need to talk to her to see what she thinks. No time has been ever given to my Mom, but we can only hope she isn't going to struggle towards the end. 

A hope for a Cure For Cancer is ever most in my mind. Knowing it will not come in my mother's lifetime is sad, but no one should have to go through what she is enduring. 

Today I will tackle a few things and stay flexible, but my goal is to make some headway on the sewing room. Hope you all meet your goals today. Chris 

2 comments:

Jean said...

Chris, My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this with your Mother. I wish also for a cure for cancer and Alzheimers, as I watched my husband's health decline, and then he died of pneumonia. Not easy, but my faith and friends helped me through it all.

sewyouquilt2 said...

yes cancer and Alzheimers are both nasty diseases that rob us of life. faith can definitely help and friends too.
so sorry Chris for what you have to go through. hopefully you can have some YOU time as it is important especially when you are a caregiver to everyone. a nice hot bath and polish your toes after, stealing 15 minutes to sew, whatever it is that helps YOU take care of YOU.