Monday, August 24, 2015

These were laying in my way

I went into the extra bedroom this morning and I found these 48 blocks. They are called Dancing 9's. I got the idea from Bonnie Hunter's blog. 

I have a ton of these complete and need to do a layout and stitch them together. I  think I have enough for a king sized quilt. Not sure if I would need a border or not.

These are scraps I had and some I bought at a Thrift shop. This was a couple of my Power sewing sessions that made all the 9 patches. If the squares are cut I sometimes just sit and sew for hours. The white or it appears white is an off white fabric I had.

Need to find a backing for this and stitch the blocks together and this would be ready to machine quilt.

I also found another set of blocks that I auditioned with some brown fabric for sashing and I am not convinced I like it. Maybe will look for other fabric for this one. I will get them out and see what you opinion is.

Today is going to be busy. Need to get myself ready for the day and get somethings done before I leave the house. Chris

1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

love it. so comfy looking. dont you just love how scraps can turn into something wonderful?