Thursday, October 5, 2017

Slowly recovering

We have had the girls a lot lately. They are coming tomorrow for Katie's third birthday. This is Charlotte and Autumn. We have to bungie cord Charlotte into the seat, but she loves riding with her big sister. She goes by and waves the Queen wave. It is so cute. She is 9 months old today.

Doesn't look like much yet, but getting things moved and some put on shelves. I plan on trying to fold better after I get the bulk of it up off of tables and not just piled everywhere. 
I repositioned the desk so I have more room to move the drawers closer to where I sew. They house the threads and some tools I use. 

I did some of the moving of the drawers yesterday and then didn't press my luck and go back to it today.

We have a big 3 year old birthday party for tomorrow. Homemade chicken and noodles are happening and I am going to attempt pink swirled cupcakes. I think this will be a great end to a homemade meal. I will just tint the cake batter and swirl it in before I bake them. 

I got sick again this Fall like the last two. I get into a slump and don't eat properly and my body rebels. I pay a very nasty price.  I was in bed off and on for two days, but finally am recovering. So taking it slow and readjusting my lifestyle. 

So moving forward from all the cleaning and trying to get it fixed so it works better. Better, better would be knock out a wall and adjoin the next room, but that won't happen. Oh it could, but I can't handle the mess and the flooring would be an issue. We have carpet in the adjoining room and plank vinyl in the sewing room. I guess need to sew faster so I use it up and it won't be so cluttered. Have a good one Chris

1 comment:

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

You are doing good. Every bit helps. I too had the thought of taking out a wall between two spare bedrooms (seeing that I now have 3, with the kids all gone) but have the same problem you have and I really don't need carpets in a sewing room. Getting the mop to swish and swipe is annoying enough, let alone having to vacuum all those threads. So I guess we'll just have to make the most of the bedroom we currently use.