Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More scraps and the end product

This is a WIP I started with the last quilt. As I was cutting I made 2 1/2 squares and also 1 1/2 squares. This is the 2 1/2 in squares sewn together in 4 patches and two 4 patches sewn together with a sashing piece.
Here is the finished block.
Here is the intersection of 4 blocks and the secondary design of the 16 patch block that is sashed. This will be the total top of the quilt with all the intersections of the 4 blocks for a quilt for my son. I see in the picture I have the upper left block turned the wrong way. At least I don't have to rip out they aren't sewn together. This is to be a Christmas gift so I had better get moving along. It has 100 blocks to make a king sized quilt.


This was an accident making this block. My husband liked the looks of a quilt in a magazine and I made it on the straight instead of on point and he liked it better. This is the same block as the Ugly quilt I have in progress for his room. That will be the next one to finish. Chris

No comments: