Saturday, December 8, 2012

Gray day thought I would show some color

I have been working at this maybe more than I should. The cleaning is still in the process and not finished. More fun to see the colors come together in this quilt top. I have 1 1/2 rows done ot of 6 full rows. Lots of stitching left. I like to have one Winter hand stitching project to do.
Here is what the intersecting finish is. The blocks all come together with the cross stitched between them. I decided on a mottled fabric so it wasn't off kilter or the design of the fabric was distorted when sewn together. I guess you would call it a blender.
After the expense of the holidays are over I want to get some more blenders because I have some finishes that are waiting for the right fabric. I have spotted some ideas online and I want to see if I can find them in a fabric store. I believe in supporting the local shops.

My brother and his wife made it from Apache Junction, AZ yesterday. I haven't gone into see him yet. I figure he has  to visit with my Mom and he has friends to see. I am sure in the next couple days we will be seeing him.  Both my brother and his wife have their Mothers still living in the same town.

My sister was suppose to come and she is still sick. I do not want it back so I told her to stay home. She can come visit another time.

My husband is in the garage refinishing another antique cabinet. This one we have owned for a number of years and it is going to be re purposed as an armoire instead of a TV cabinet this time. We have some large furniture in the master bedroom and want to down size. I plan on selling the chest of drawers, two nightstands and a four poster bed soon. Need to get it advertised in the paper as soon as people start getting their taxes back some one will like it. Chris 

No comments: