Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What a difference 10 minutes makes

This is just one corner of my mess. I am horrible, but this time I am rearranging myself without two extra hands working.
This is what I have been doing instead of working at this mess. I need some more scraps and figured if I got some cleaning done I would find some more. Well believe me I did.
The connecting sections are worked into the row so I don't have to go back and do them later.  
This is the first corner I am tackling. It is odds and ends of garment fabric pieces of batting and polar fleece. For now I pulled it out and put it in a huge contractors bag my husband had in the garage. I got the shelves cleaned off real quick.
This is the closet next to it and I am sure this will be days getting to the back of this mess. Batting will all get put in here and also and overflow of quilts in the works.
Well here is my 10 minutes of work. I got tubs full of scraps put on the shelves and used my large Ziploc bags to put quilt blocks all together in one spot. I refolded the leftover batting pieces and placed them back on the shelf until I get to the closet. That will be the next 100 minutes or more.
It is a start and it is going to be a long slow process. I see another pile on the cutting table I need to find a spot for so off for another 10 minutes of labor. Chris

2 comments:

~Deb Lindley said...

WooHoo! way to go - what a difference 10 minutes can make...YES! Looking forward to seeing how much you can get done by this Friday w/10 minute increments of Fast and Furious FUN ;-)
I'll keep checkin' in on you from time to time to see how you are progressing...

Later,
~Deb

Katie M. said...

You know the expression "every little bit helps"? Well, every little moment of time also helps! It's amazing how much can be accomplished in short snippets of time when you have a plan.