Thursday, January 9, 2014

I really can't count

I went into take this picture and moved somethings and found another quilt block that was finished. So I can't count. I guess I need to get more organized.  As you can see the pieced block is smaller than the appliqued block. Here is the dilemma do I use a background strip around the pieced block to balance the size? I can't cut the appliqued block to meet the size of the pieced block. I thought about using a neutral strip around the pieced block
 Or I can use the red to strip around the pieced block. Not sure which I will do.
 
It will be less than an inch and I don't know why I didn't pay better attention to what size I was making. I'm leaning towards the neutral background being added. What do you think? Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I would use the neutral since the chain design formed by the 9 patches is so strong and the red would be distracting to that.