Monday, January 13, 2014

Took some time to sort

 I got up early and started digging in tubs for light neutrals. I found quite a few pieces and some are large enough they can be used several times. I really didn't think I had enough and yet I knew I kept a lot of scraps. My Mother asked me the other day where I got all these scraps. I wanted to say they  some of them came out of your garbage, but I left that alone.
Here is the blocks I have completed. As I said they are a little more mind boggling than just a mindless sewing project. 

You have to watch what side you sew your squares and pieced squares together to get the image of the star emerge from your placement of the squares. Even though they are not large blocks they do use up pieces that you maybe wouldn't have used in another quilt.

I need to spend another session cutting smaller pieces up to have variety in my blocks. I have several rusts and  reds that I can introduce so maybe as the TV lineup happens tonight I can get some of the prep work out of the way.

I need to do some laundry today. The housework never ends. I also need to do some cooking. Yuk. Nothing sounds good. Maybe eggs and bacon for supper. I think I just solved that.

After several of these are stitched I need to square them up and make groups of 10 so I know my count better. I have this thing about not counting right.

I haven't washed my applique blocks because I'm out of Color Guard sheets made by Shout. This has red fabric and I just hate it to bleed if I don't take the time to do it right. As soon as I get  to the store that process started. All good things take time right?  Chris

No comments: