Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weather related sewing

Can't go anywhere because of the cold so stayed home and did sewing. This is the finish on the baby quilt. I didn't have enough of the purple to do both ends of the binding so I did them in the hot pink. It is washed and ready for use. We haven't been anywhere and they haven't been anywhere. Hopefully in the next coupe days we will see them. 

Last night while the President was on TV I went into sew some more sashing strips and get another section sewn on this scrappy stars. I was brain storming and thought about doing a reverse scrappy star. Instead of the darker corners I would use neutral and make the star itself out of dark scrap. Have to look into making a sample, but I'm not sure I have enough low volume pieces to fall back on.    

Hopefully the temps get up to what they predict today. A whole 25 degrees. I need to go out and pick up some groceries. Also pay a bill. During the day as a shut in I have bounced between piecing and handwork. I have done dishes and laundry. I did cheat last night and we went and got sandwiches for supper.

I have two loads of laundry done already before 6:30 am this morning. I need to get my coat on and get out the door. Procrastinating though. Still cold out. Stay warm and safe today. Chris

No comments: