Saturday, June 23, 2012

Few seams here and there



This is some progress on the disappearing Nine Patch. I have cut and sewn about 24 of these blocks from 2.5 inch squares I pieced into 9 patch blocks.



They make up smaller blocks when sewn back together. This is 4 of the blocks them sewn together and made into a larger block. Lots of color. I have a whole tub of 2.5 inch squares waiting to be sewn into 9 patches. All of that came from all the cutting I have done to control some of this mess.




EPP is going. Slow, but sure. A few of them I think will be set aside and not used or elements will be changed. Here again this is smaller pieces I am using to make the combinations I have. My EPP templates are getting pretty worn so I need to cut some more. I think I will applique them onto a solid green background and maybe use a circle or oval center in each to look more like flowers.







I have alternated the darker center and lighter petals and the reverse here. I think it will make a better contrast in the long run for the over all quilt look. I am going to audition backgrounds today and centers for the flowers.
Today is suppose to be warm humid and rainy later. So I plan on vacuuming and cleaning some before I get into the sewing stuff. Have to do it while the energy level is up. Need to run to the store and get some things and also gasoline for the van. Grandkids are coming tomorrow for a week. I will be busy with them. They can be big help and yet they get bored. Have to rent videos and games for their Wii. Stay cool. Chris








No comments: