Friday, June 29, 2012

Two or Multicolored

I guess I am in a rut. I like the 9 patch in a square. It is easy to make and it is colorful. Here is a block I made last Fall. It is 2 fabric 9 patch. It has a contrast that makes it unique then the triangles create a different look on the outside of the 9 patch. This is an easy block and works up fast. This is the latest try at the same block but a different look. The 9 patch is all different and the square outside the 9 patch is all the same. Very interesting and yet I am using more of the leftover scraps with this block.

The combinations are endless with this look. I can make up hundreds of 9 patches and then make them all look different from the one I made two years ago.


While the kids are here I have made several and it takes about 100 of them to make a quilt top. They are about 5.5 inches when sewn together. Great pickup sewing when you only have 30 minutes here and there.


Today they go to their Uncles and go boating and water skiing on the Rock River. Monday they go to their other Grandparents and see family that are living in Germany. So exciting Summer vacation for them.


Heat is intense today also so everyone stay cool. Even though the A/C was on cranking it was still hot in the house yesterday. Didn't help we had the oven on, but I made pulled pork in the crockpot and it was delicious. Be safe in the heat. Chris



1 comment:

Katie M. said...

I think I'm going to have make up some 9 patches!!!
Sounds like you're really enjoying the kids and, I agree, sounds like they're having an exciting summer - Good for them. Summer memories are the best.....