Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yard Update

Starting to look like a colorful yard again. This is a Japanese Iris. They are so delicate looking and really purple and blue colored. The daylillies are in bloom. they seem early this year, but everything is. Lots of color there.


Asiatic Lillies are blooming also. I have only had these three years.




These are some of the prettiest pink ones and I have had them for about 7 years. I have divided them numerous times and given several away.









Cherry tomatoes we started in the house from saved seeds. There is a tomato. Well there are several on this plant








Here is a shot of the garden we planted. Beets, potatoes, beans, and peppers are all in the fence. Oh yes cucumbers also. Jeff just went out and weeded it today. He has done such a good job of keeping up with the flower beds and the garden this year. He hasn't been able to help for a couple years so they look really nice this year.





Now here is a weed I let in my flower bed. It is Queen Anne Lace. It is a member of the carrot family. I love the lacy flower and they do well in flower arrangements. You can put food coloring in water in a vase and stick a freshly cut stem of this flower in the tinted water and the flower turns the color of the water. Try it some time.









I haven't been sewing. The mood hasn't struck me for several days again. Life has gotten in the way. Some days I would just like to stay in bed and watch the day go by, but it isn't possible. Chris












2 comments:

Katie M. said...

Such pretty pictures - thanks for sharing.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You have a beautiful yard, Chris. =)