Sunday, February 15, 2015

Calling this framed strings

The framing is dark dark brown. If you look carefully I have one framed block going the wrong way. Need to do some ripping and correct it. The upper right one needs to be turned. 

Thinking about doing this on point. Will have to get to a point where I can get more put together. I think this could be interesting when finished. 

The darker frame sets off the brighter colors within. Some are very bright and others are darker. I think there are a few Christmas prints in there also for the bright red colors. Scraps turning into a usable quilt. Well eventually. 

Down to cutting some more brown strips and I can get another 9-patch put together, Then on to more string squares. The larger string squares I have plenty of them made. In the process of making these blocks I am using up a lot of older thread to say it is out of my drawers. Trying to use and re-purpose many things to make more room. 

Today has been cold and gray. The horrible wind was yesterday. Suppose to be cooler this week and hopefully the Warrant out for the Ground Hog because he didn't state it was going to be this bad.  The remaining 6 weeks could be challenging. Imagine that. Chris

2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Hope you get better soon.

Treasure these times with your Mom. special!

Frog Quilter said...

Hope you get better soon.

Treasure these times with your Mom. special!