Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Idea coming together

These are the two sizes of string blocks I have on hand. The smaller blocks that are sewn into the 4-patch are 3.5 inches raw. The alternating block with the sashing is 4.5 inches raw. Then a 1.5 inch sashing is applied to make a 6.5 inch raw blocks. This works to sew them both together.

I plan on making the string blocks as shown into larger 9-patches. This is using up a lot of small strings. The string pieces are 1 inch wide and paper pieced onto telephone squares. This is some of the power sewing I have talked about in the past.

I'm easily bored so if watching Netflix I like a project that gets results quickly to feel I have accomplished something. 

I used up a lot of the smaller string squares so I need to get some more papers cut and work like a fool over the next few days to get something done. 

Hope this gives some of you an idea for more small pieces of  fabric. Never throw and inch strip away.  When I cut scraps up I try and get the most mileage out of the fabric I can. With the string blocks smaller pieces about 2 inches long can be used for the corners of the paper piecing. Open you mind up to the possibilities. Chris   

No comments: