Sunday, October 25, 2015

6 more blocks and I am done

5X6 is what I finally ended up with. I made the rest of the blocks last night and this morning. We decided to be on the couch it needed some more width. 

so it is colorful and yet interesting to work. With. This is the first finished top on this new to me sewing machine. I plan on sandwiching it and start on the quilting. Because it is crazy/crumb blocks I am going to do the decorative stitching between the pieces of each block and stitch in the ditch around the sashing. I have some polyester batting that was in my Mom's things I will use so it will be light weight, but warm when completed. 

Now I need to look for a back. I know there are some larger pieces in her stash that will work. This has been fun because I really haven't used any fabric other than small stuff and I used up a bunch of it by making fabric blocks of all the small stuff. Off to wind bobbins and clean the machine and get ready to do a mending job and also get ready to quilt this top. Chris

1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

love the way you put this together. I may have to "steal" this idea for my crumbs