Saturday, October 24, 2015

It was suggested....

Yes a strong suggestion in the form of a question happened when I showed this top to my husband. Is that all the bigger it is going to be? Aren't you going to make more blocks?

Well now what do I do? I thought I did well getting 24 of these blocks made and he thinks it should be twice this size. He said it looks old being the type blocks they are. 

Well what do you think? As it measures now it is 38 X 57 inches. I thought about borders, but then I hate to quilt borders. So maybe he is right. I still have more small scraps I guess just keep sewing them as I do other things. 

I need to keep the sashing fabrics layed with the top so I don't forget and cut it all up and then wonder what am I going to do. That would be my luck. 

This crud I have I have determined is allergies. I have been outside mowing and cutting plants back. I have been taking meds for it and it gets better. But yesterday I got tired and didn't go in and shower before I went to bed and wash my hair. I mowed yesterday and I woke up and couldn't breath at 2 am. I know dust and pollen were in my hair and it is all over my pillow now. So I need a shower this morning and wash my sheets. Lesson learned. 

I have to go to the store today and get some things to go with the food I have in the freezer so I can make a complete meal. I have two places to go and then I am home for the rest of the day. 

Ok I counted and we have 9 days until carpet starts coming. I really need to get more done in the extra bedroom. I have procrastinated long enough. Today the push will be on. Take care Chris 




2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I say listen to yourself and if you think that quilt is big enough and done, then it is. Every quilt doesn't have to be a queen size. Some are made just to try an idea and they are done when you see if the idea worked.

sewyouquilt2 said...

depends on what you will do with it. is it a lap quilt? do you want it to be a bigger quilt?
it is beautiful. maybe he wants it on your bed. if I had enough of the sashing and cornerstones I would keep on sewing......that s me!