Thursday, October 29, 2015

Cutting slicing and dicing

This was another power sewing adventure a couple years ago and I have stored all of them. I decided I wanted to do something different with them.

I cut them in half diagonally. After all the sewing I felt the urge.

Then I cut the halves in half again. 4 pieces out of the 16 patch block.

I did this with two blocks at a time and then took two quarters and stitched them together on the straight side only. 

Pressed them open and I have smaller blocks, but with a little more flair. I have over 60 of these 16-patches sewn together. So it will be interesting the look I have when complete. Remember the triangle side of these mini blocks are on the bias so handle with care. 

Power sewing is my salvation. I use it to work through stress. This part of cutting and resewing is more tedious for me, but I am having a good day so why not work at something to make a completed project in the end. 

Hope this gives you some more ideas. Completing the block is up in the air to me yet. Maybe like triangles on all four sides per block. Maybe different fabric on two sides of each block. Have to work through that in my mind. Changes as I make another step in getting this done. 

I need to cut some strips I have sliced up for 2.5 inch squares. I need some 4-patches for the brick and 4 patch top. Slowly getting back into the grove. Been a long haul of stressful things to work through, but it is finally getting easier. Now the fun begins. Getting some things done. Chris  









1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

good looking start
I need a kick in the butt to get back in the groove. LOL