Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Today was a final day

My Mother passed September 22 and I received her ashes on the 29th. I have had her here for the rest of the time. Today I shipped her cremains to my brother. It was a solemn day for me. I stood at the post office waiting in line and held onto the box.

I would never wish her back to face what she was facing. She was miserable and didn't want to be a burden. I have good memories and I will live with these for the rest of my life.

I guess I didn't think this would hit me so hard today, but it did. I am ok and it will get better. Chris

2 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

hugs especially today

Katie M. said...

Most times the finality hits hard.... sending you a cyber hug and aren't we fortunate that we have memories of our loved ones... Whenever I'm missing my parents (or grandparents), I just pull out the memories and I'm settled again...