Tuesday, January 28, 2020

2 hours here and there

Yes, Two hours her and two hours there will get you there eventually. I have been making strings in between machine quilting blocks. Changing up the pace is fun. 

These are pieced like piano keys for the blocks I am making.

As you can see the character block is in the center. The diagonal strings are in the corners and the piano keys are on the sides of this 9-patch. These are 1.5 inch strips that I am using for this project. The more colors the better. 

This is totally made from 2 inch strips. This is a quick baby quilt, but it is colorful and using up many  strips to give you this quick quilts. 

Again this is from 2.5 inch strips. These are 1.25 on a side hexies. It takes a 2.5 inch square to make these. This is hand work, but something small enough it is portable if sitting in an office waiting. The more color the better. This will be about 45X60 inches when complete. This is using up small pieces leftover when cutting strips for other quilts. 

I can't just throw them away. Might be a long term project, but on the go it is easy to grab and keep sewing. 


We have had really gray days so I have been going into the sewing room in the afternoon and turning on the light and pulling out all these color projects and getting lost in the color parade that comes out from under the needle.

Yesterday I didn't get as much sewing done. I took my machine apart to clean it. I have a small dust brush and I was trying to get the dust down around the bobbin race. I dropped the brush and it was small enough to fall in and with fiddling to get it out with tweezers I got it lodged. 

My husband was laying down so I was determined to get it out. I propped up the machine so it was accessible and got needle nose pliers out and finally retrieved it. So I quickly replace the throat plate so I wouldn't loose any more pieces. 

So this dusting brush will not be used when you have an enclosed bottom on the machine. I have non portable vintage machines I can use it on and not get it wedged again. 

Hope your day was not as challenging as mine was. Pray for sunshine. Chris 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 pounds lighter than us.

(And by the way, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING related to "HOW" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

TAP on this link to reveal if this little test can help you find out your true weight loss possibility