Monday, January 13, 2020

Fussy cutting

I received about 3 yards of fabric in an estate sale purchase I made several years ago. I am trying to cut this and use as much as I can for three quilts for the girls. I think they will be couch quilt size. 

I was on Pinterest and saw a string quilt block with a spot in  the center for a focus square. So the idea came to cut into the character fabric. They are really busy with all the strings and the focus square.

I think they will be cute. I have enough to make 9 blocks per quilt. They are not a simple cut to make these because you cut into the next image. I plan on some kind of border. Maybe piano keys in bright colors. 

This is a think out of the box kind of quilt. Each will be about the same. but different. I had found these blocks started in a pile and thought why not. It was really gray and gloomy so I dove in.

Sometimes going back to a started project helps you become inspired again. I go through spells of why do I want to sew. I guess it is second nature to have a needle and thread in hand or at the machine.

Hope you all have a great sewing day. Chris

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh I'll bet the girls will be thrilled with that fabric...
Hugs, Julierose

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

They will be very cute! What a great idea!